Farm Facilities Manager
Seeking a person to join our team to fill a full-time position as an experienced handyman for daily maintenance and improvements on horse farm facility infrastructure located on 24 acres in Westford Massachusetts.
Cavallo Equestrian Center provides a unique European style multi-discipline facility welcomes riders of all levels and ages. We at Cavallo Equestrian Center are committed to encouraging horses and riders to achieve success both in and out of the show ring. Our top-quality individualized care, customized training programs for horses and riders from beginner to Grand Prix, and our safe well-maintained facility, provide riders the ability to focus entirely on creating and nurturing the bond required for ultimate performance of their equine partners.
Includes repairs to plumbing and fencing, mowing, fly control, preparation of facility for events and its seasonal requirements. Maintenance of paths, pastures, and buildings.
Includes feeding, mucking stalls, pressure washing and other chores when needed.
Applicants should have experience with correct and safe operation of farm equipment such as tractors with attachments (e.g. front-end loaders, chippers, bush hogs, box blades, manure spreaders) operating in the vicinity of horses. Experience with pressure washing, chainsaws and other landscape equipment. Applicants should have had prior experience as crew leader or property manager and have the ability and disposition to complete projects and keep up with daily farm chores with limited supervision.
The role of Farm Facilities Manager is ideally suited for someone who likes diversity in their work, operating equipment, learning new skills, working with animals and being in the great outdoors.
Responsibilities of the job may include, but not limited to:
- Honest, trustworthy, organized, resourceful and have a positive attitude. The person must have a strong work ethic and effective mechanical skills. Farming experience or education along with some skills in carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding and livestock are required.
- Sound oral and written communication skills as well as decision making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with staff and guests.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Computer skills that include the ability to navigate and use e-mail and Microsoft office.
- Performs modifications, maintenance and repair work on infrastructure, vehicles, tools, and equipment. This work may include fixing fences, light fixtures, plumbing issues, doing carpentry work in the barns, mowing the lawn, maintaining the pastures.
- Strong organization skills to ensure files are properly maintained and kept up to date.
- Conducts weekly perimeter checks to ensure that all enclosures, fences, barns, and auxiliary buildings are secured.
- Valid Driver’s License and car insurance is required.
- Must have experience with equipment usage, safety, and maintenance.
- Must be physically fit to work in an agricultural work setting.
- Direct and assist work in maintenance and repair of equipment and facilities.
- Some administrative work and supply ordering.
- Cultivate a team environment
- Conducts bi-weekly inventories of all vehicles, tools, and equipment and alerts the Owner and/or Barn Manager of any issues.
Prerequisites for Employment:
- Pre-employment and potential on-going drug test
- Criminal Background Check
- The ideal candidate will reside within 15-20 miles of Westford Massachusetts.
- College, technical/vocational education is desirable.
Compensationis based on an hourly wage. Hours per week will vary during the year but will average 40 hours per week. Saturday may be required during busy times of the year. Occasional Sundays may be required with advanced notice. Hourly rate ($13 and up) is dependent on experience and the ability to work well with others. Benefits, including paid-time off and benefits may be available after a probationary period.
Start Date: ASAP
Contact: Ann – 978-376-5504
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com